Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Restaurant Review: Comfort


In the spirit of "when in Rome," our next restaurant outing took place at Comfort. With offerings like fried green tomatoes, fried catfish and fried okra (I'm sensing a theme here...) Comfort has turned traditional Southern food into an art form. To start, we split two orders of Fried Green Tomatoes for an appetizer, which were more than satisfactory. But the real treat came with dinner.

At Comfort, all entrees come with two different prices. For the first price you choose two sides to go along with your entree, and for the second you get three. Our waitress recommended several dishes including a bacon wrapped grilled trout which sounded too good to resist. Not surprisingly, it was! For my appetisers, I chose braised greens and squash casserole. The squash casserole was seasoned well, but the greens were so good that it made me think of becoming a vegetarian. If only Comfort was next door to my house...

No comments: