Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Byrd House Market

Through a message board at my office, I keep receiving notices that the Byrd House Market runs every Tuesday afternoon until 7:00. After several message board reminders, I finally took the hint today and visited the Market.

Though today was a bit rainy and grey, the market was still busy and several vendors came out. I spent about half an hour looking around, and found myself really enjoying the sense of companionship. Vendors chatted happily with their potential customers, friends chatted with each other. After walking once around the market, I chose some raw honey, a rosemary bush, three perfect yellow tomatoes and a pint of blackberries. A feast and a plant for $11! As I drove home munching on berries, I noticed that aside from being wonderfully sweet, they were the largest blackberries I had ever seen.

What a treat!

2 comments:

kelly said...

mmm, blackberries are my favorite and possibly the best thing about a July in Richmond

Anonymous said...

Those are the biggest blackberries I've ever seen! I enjoyed some myself today but I bet they weren't as good as yours. I hope that book came in handy this summer!