Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pony Pasture Rapids: Take Two

After last week's failed trip to the Pony Pasture Rapids, I drove out again today to see if I could find a parking spot. Luck was with me and I arrived to find the parking lot half empty. I've just returned from spending the afternoon wading around Pony Pasture and am convinced that it is my favorite place in the city. I'm sure I'll be returning as long as the water stays warm, as pony pasture seems like a great place to de-stress and enjoy the river.

The part of the river that Pony Pasture is on is filled with huge flat rocks that look like giant turtles. Up close, the rocks look almost cantaloupe textured, and make wonderful sunbathing spots. Just sitting on a rock for ten minutes - water rushing all around me, breeze rustling the trees, sun overhead - is the most relaxing thing I've done in a long time. If I had brought a book and some suntan lotion, I would still be there.

Forget Windsor Farms, I'm moving to Riverside Drive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.